‘First selfie exhibition’ opens in London
‘First selfie exhibition’ opens in London.
It’s a phenomenon that’s sweeping social media. But can the selfie be considered as art?
A new exhibition in London’s Saatchi gallery is exploring just (just in case) that.
- A total and utter celebration of the narcissism of the age
- aha. valuable. the price of everything is to value nothing. and nothing is more valuable than; or so said Dada Duchampe. Go and pee in a bucket, said Andy Warhol.
- 1:20 “Photography’s just beeen let in.”: what a load of nonessnense. But “can selfies be art”? Most people strike one as being quite artless of their composition, and many lack even a natural poetry of motion, so can they? Given a wide enough or sufficiently shuttered angle of approach, bien sur monsieur. Mais oui? Non?
- Of course there’s people in the comments hating
- This is the whitest thing I’ve ever seen in my life
- Kill me now.